With the aim of helping you achieve an efficient sale or purchase of a house or flat (including New Build), GCA Solicitors specialise in residential conveyancing, transfers of equity and re-mortgages.
For many, the buying of a new home or the selling of an existing home can be one of the most stressful times of life. Our residential property team understands this and also the importance of communicating with everyone involved in the process (the ‘chain’); of acting quickly to avoid unnecessary delays; and of the need to provide all clients with a service that is value for money.
In some cases, the purchase or sale or property involves a chain of transactions which extend beyond your immediate control. To limit your frustration and stress, we aim to provide excellent timing, effective negotiation and sometimes a sense of humour, all of which can play a vital part in achieving a successful outcome for you. Even if buying and selling simultaneously, we can and will help co-ordinate the necessary timescales with legal requirements to give you a smooth and relatively stress free service.
Our team offers a high quality property service which is responsive and competitively priced. We endeavour to keep your worries and concerns to a minimum.
Please contact us for a quote on 01582 410041
Whether you are purchasing the property to live in or as a buy to let, we can assist you every step of the way.
When you buy or sell a house, you will incur expenses in addition to the fee your solicitor charges you for the work undertaken. It is important that you are aware of these expenses from the outset and budget for them. Please see the links below for a helpful guide to the costs incurred when buying and/or selling.
- Search fees- Local Authorities and Water Companies charge for answering questions about the supply of services, planning permissions and so on, regarding the property you want to buy. Typically, Local Authorities charge approximately £150 and Water Companies £60
- It is also now a requirement to conduct a chancel repair search which currently costs £24.00. This establishes whether the property has a potential liability for repair/maintenance of the local parish church. We also offer special environmental and plan searches which cost approximately £70 combined.
- Stamp Duty – If you are buying a flat, the freeholder or management company may charge a fee for registering you as the new owner in their records. Typically, the fee charged varies according to the agent but is usually £100+ VAT.Please use HMRC link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/tools/sdlt/land-and-property.htm to calculate stamp duty.If you are buying a new leasehold property, please visit the HMRC website and use the lease SDLT calculator.We are also able to assist with the purchase of new Build properties including under the Help to Buy/Shared ownership scheme.We the Conveyancing Quality Scheme mark and are on the panel for most lenders which means the lender will not require a different firm to represent them.
When you buy or sell a house, you will incur expenses in addition to the fee your solicitor charges you for the work undertaken. It is important that you are aware of these expenses from the outset and budget for them. Please see below for a helpful guide to the costs incurred when buying and/or selling.
- Estate agents fee. This is usually calculated as a percentage of the sale price and in addition most estate agents charge VAT.
- Mortgage Lenders sealing fee. This varies according to the lender.
- Land Registry fee for official copies of the entries relating to your property on the register. The sum payable is between £6 and £12, depending on the number of documents.
- If you are selling a flat the freeholder or management company may charge for supplying information required by your buyer. This fee can vary from £100 to approximately £300 or even more.
- If you are selling a flat, do bear in mind the buyer will want the ground rent and service charges paid up to the date on which you complete the sale.
Transfer of Equity and Re-mortgage
If you are transferring your property to another person or removing a person from the title, we can assist you throughout the process. We can also assist you if you are re-mortgaging the property.
Please contact us to discuss your requirement and to obtain a free quote.
GCA Solicitors has the expertise, knowledge and depth of experience to help you achieve the outcome you seek. Whether it is for family matters such as divorce or separation, domestic violence, children, wills trusts, commercial law and conveyancing we have the expertise to get a satisfactory resolution.REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT