GCA SOLICITORS COVID-19 STATEMENT
18th May 2020
We have been carefully observing the development of the spread, Government advice and information and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We are committed to remaining open, but the safety of our staff and clients must be paramount. Our office remains closed but our Fee Earners and most staff will have remote access to our computer system during the closure. We will be able to continue to communicate via email and have access to answer the telephone which is being diverted to our associate office where messages can be taken. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause.
We would like to reassure our clients that it is business as usual at GCA Solicitors. Our staff currently continue to work as normal, however we are not receiving clients at our office. We are preparing for all eventualities and keeping the situation under constant review.
The wellbeing of our staff and clients remains our priority and we have put in place reasonable and proportionate arrangements to protect our colleagues and clients. These include:-
- Clients are advised not to attend our offices in any circumstance. Instead, we will arrange telephone consultation.
- Home visits will only be made if urgent and assessed on a case by case basis
- New client consultation will be via a telephone consultation
We will not visit clients:-
- If they have returned from travel to an affected country in the past 14 days
- if they have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for coronavirus
- if they are displaying any of the symptoms associated with coronavirus – fever, cough, shortness of breath
- Business meetings will be conducted via telephone if possible
- We are allowing staff to self-isolate or work from home should they have recently travelled or feel concerned for their wellbeing.
- If any members of our team experience a new persistent cough and/or a high temperature above 37.8C they are self-isolating in line with Government guidance.
We wish to reassure you that we are taking all necessary precautions and will be reviewing the situation and updating this page regularly. We will continue to follow the Government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
If you have any concerns please feel free to contact our local office.
Suite 6, 3 Park Terrace
Bedfordshire LU1 3HN
Telephone: 01582 410041